Share Your Startup Story!
Why take the time to share? Give back to the next generation of entrepreneurs. Early on you likely had a mentor or adviser who had successfully created a startup, or ran a small business. In addition, provide exposure for your business to early adopters, entrepreneurs, and potential customers who will read your story and learn about your success, your advice and your product or service. More importantly, you will be able to inspire new entrepreneurs through the difficult early days by providing encouragement, hope and critical advice and tips.
We know how precious your time is, so we want to minimize the time needed to submit your startup story. If you have any questions, please contact us at ClientServices@InspireYourStartup.com.
Guidelines to be Featured on InspireYourStartup.com
We are looking for stories across a broad range of business types – manufacturing, services, professional, retail/wholesale/distribution….even home based business, in any industry.
Companies and startups typically have to meet the following general guidelines to fit within our go-to market strategy;
- We prefer that featured companies have been in business for at least one year. Some exceptions can be made, such as an innovative startup that has been in production for six months.
- Companies and startups that are experiencing success. Some examples of success include positive cash flows, rapid growth, or a scalable business that has demonstrated proof of concept.
- A founder or co-founder who is willing to share some of the moments of excitement and lessons learned during your startups early beginning.
Initiate the Process To Submit Your Startup Story
To initiate the process, please send us a brief email (ClientServices@InspireYourStartup.com) describing your business, products or services. Below is a list of some of the key subject areas that we like to include in a potential story. Please include your business name and contact information/website address; where/how potential customers or media folks can contact your company.
Areas of Interest
We consider many factors when determining if a business or start-up should be featured. Some of the factors we consider include:
- How long has your company been in business? Typically, a minimum of one year, or an innovative start-up that has been in production for at least six months.
- Tell us what inspired you to found your start-up? Give us a little background/history. Did you have experience related to the market space you went into? What products/services does your company offer, and to what type of customers?
- If you were to start over, what would be the most important tool, resource, app, or strategy that you would have to have.
- What went as you expected? What surprises/bumps in the road did you run into, launching your products/services – examples – money related/legal regulatory, competitor responses, product/service issues.
- Tell us how you got your first customers, and how has that changed now…easier/harder? Tell us a bit about how you go to market to get new customers.
- Tell us about your future expectations, why you expect to keep growing/being a successful entrepreneur/business founder. What’s great about your company’s practices/products/services that you believe will keep your current customers coming back, and attract more and more customers.
- Tell us what you learned that you would now do differently, had you known ahead of time.
- Tell us what advice you would give to new start-up entrepreneur thinking about a start-up. What’s exhilarating? What should they be inspired about?